Have you heard of Lin-Manuel Miranda? Want to know Lin Manuel Miranda Net Worth? Lin–Manuel Miranda Net Worth and Salary, career, life story and his achievements.
Lin Manuel Miranda Net Worth
The American playwright, songwriter, actor and composer, Lin Manuel Miranda has gotten known for composing and featuring in various musicals on Broadway.
The honest thing is that Broadway musicals got given modern dimensions because of him.
Miranda has a way of keeping his audience engaged by his acting skills and playwriting.
Many know him for his musical Hamilton.
Continue reading to know more about Lin Manuel Miranda Net Worth, career, awards, and relationship.
Lin-Manuel Miranda Net Worth
|Lin-Manuel Miranda Net Worth:||$80 Million|
|Date of Birth:||Jan 16, 1980 (41 years old)|
|Profession:||Actor, Lyricist, Composer, Rapper, Playwright, Theatre Director|
|Nationality:||United States of America|
Also Read: Gordon Ramsay Net Worth
Lin-Manuel Miranda was born in New York City, USA, on January 16, 1980.
His parents are Puerto Rican.
His mother, Luz Town, was a clinical Psychologist.
As for his father, Luis A. Miranda Jr, he was a consultant to Ed Koch, the mayor of New York.
He has an older sister Luz, who is the chief financial officer of MirRam Group.
Lin-Manuel Miranda spent most of his childhood in Manhattan. However, each year for a month, he would stay with his grandparents in Puerto Rico.
He got Lin-Manuel after getting inspired by José Manuel Torres Santiago’s written Vietnam War Poem.
Age, Weight, Height & Appearance
Lin-Manuel Miranda is 41 years old.
He is 1.75m tall (that’s around 5 feet and 8 inches).
He weighs around 73 Kg.
Lin-Manuel Miranda has black eye color and Brown Hair color.
Lin-Manuel Miranda completed his elementary education at Hunter College Elementary School and his high school education from Hunter College High School.
After that, he studied theatre studies and graduated from Wesleyan University.
While he was at university, he formed Freestyle Love Supreme, a hip-hop comedy troupe.
After his graduation, for a short time, he worked as a teacher at a high school.
Nationality, Ethnicity, Zodiac, Religion
Lin-Manuel Miranda is an American National.
He is a Puerto Rican.
He was raised as a Catholic but in his 20s drifted away from his faith.
His Zodiac sign is Capricon.
Relationship & Children
Lin Manuel Miranda is married.
He got married to his high school crush Vanessa Adriana Nadal.
The couple got married in 2010.
Vanessa Adriana is an MIT graduate and a lawyer and scientist by profession.
The only reason that they got married so late was not the two years age difference but the fact that Miranda was too shy to ask her out.
The couple has two children together.
They had a baby boy, Sebastian, who was born in November 2014, and another boy Fransisco in February 2018.
- In 2002, Lin-Manuel Miranda began his career. He worked for the return of In the Heights with Thomas Kail, the director, and John Buffaloe Mailer.
- In 2004, the Writer Quiara Alegria Hudes joined the three.
- In March 2008, In the Heights has its premiere on Broadway and ran for two years, as it had a huge success.
- This debut work got him an award for theBest Musical and Best Original Score and four Tony Awards.
- Furthermore, in 2009, In the Heights got the Best Musical Theater Album award at the Grammy.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda was the one who, at the request of Stephen Schwartz (Composer-lyricist), produced two new revised songs of the musical Working of Schwartz and Nina Faso 1978.
- In 2008, in Florida, the musical opened at the Asolo Repertory Theatre.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda and Stephen Sondheim worked together to translate the 2009 revival of Broadway’s West SideStory into Spanish.
- His work was not limited to only Broadway. Many guest appearances got made by him on various TV series like The Sopranos and Alvie.
- In 2009, he composed and acted in the 17 episodes of The Electric Company.
- Furthermore, he got seen as an intern and rapper in CollegeHumor and the Hardly Working: Rap Battle
- He also occasionally played roles in Sesame Street, the Children’s TV series, and he also sang the Murray has a Little Lambtheme song.
- Moreover, he composed music for many commercials.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda, along with Amanda Green and Tom Kitt, created and wrote the Bring It On
- In 2011, he also appeared on Modern Family TV series and Good Cop Bad Dog and in How I Met Your Mother, the ninth season.
- He composes bigger, a song with Tom Kitt.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda created the musical Hamilton after getting inspired by the Biography of Alexander Hamilton that Ron Chernow wrote.
- In 2015, Hamilton got premiered off-Broadway. Various well-known personalities praised him, like Stephen Sondheim and Brack Obama.
- In the My Brotherpodcast, he appeared as a guest part.
- He also created new lyrics for the musical Guys and Dolls, for the song Fugue for Tinhorns.
- In 2016 October, he hosted Saturday Night Live.
- He was a special featured composer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- He got seen Curb Your Enthusiasm, the comedy TV series, in 2017.
- In 2018, in Marry Poppins Returns, he played Jack.
- In the same year, he was also the voice of Paquito Fernando on Nina’s World, the animated TV series.
- Recently he is filming The Little Mermaid, as he is the songwriter, producer, and composer.
Lin-Manuel Miranda has won 16 awards and been nominated for 39.
The awards he won were from the following awarding bodies:
- Primetime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics
- ASCAP Film and Television Music Awards for Top Box Office Films
- Clarence Derwent Awards for Best Supporting Male
- Galeca: The Society of LGBTQ Entertainment Critics award for Wilde Artist of the Year
- Grammy Awards for Best Song Written for Visual Media and Best Musical Theater Album and Best Musical Show Album
- Hawaii Film Critics Society for Best Song
- Hollywood Critics Association Award
- Imagen Foundation Awards
- Latino Entertainment Journalists Association Film Awards
- Palm Springs International Film Festival
- People’s Choice Awards, the USA for Favorite Drama Movie Star
- PGA Awards for Outstanding Producer of Streamed or Televised Motion Pictures
- The Kennedy Center Honors
- Walk of Fame
Moreover, in 2009, Lin-Manuel Miranda got an honorary degree from Yeshiva University in Manhattan. He is the youngest person ever to receive this honor.
He also got the Doctor of Humane Letters honorary degree from Wesleyan University.
In 2015 he got the MacArthur Genius Award.
Lin Manuel Miranda Net Worth
According to Celebrity Net Worth, the American librettist, actor, rapper, composer and lyricist, Lin Manuel Miranda Net Worth is around $80 million.
Lin-Manuel Miranda has had a highly successful career in the Broadway musical and won many awards during his Broadway musical career.
Reportedly, he has earned around $45 million between June 2019 and June 2020.
Moreover, he got paid $70 by Disney in February 2020 to gain the rights to the movie Hamilton.
Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
You can find Lin-Manuel Miranda on Facebook and Twitter.
His Facebook account is Lin-Manuel Miranda and on there, he has around 1.8 million followers.
His Twitter account is @Lin-Manuel, and he has around 3.5 million followers.
What did Lin-Manuel Miranda do before he became an international superstar?
He was an English teacher and wrote reviews of various restaurants for the Manhanttan Times before becoming an international star.
Was Alexander Hamilton the first every role that Lin-Manuel Miranda did?
No, his first-ever role was on Usnavi de la Vega, as the narrator of the show, when it ran on Broadway.
Is Lin-Manuel Miranda close to getting a PEGOT?
PEGOT is when a person has won a Pulitzer, Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony Award. Lin-Manuel Miranda is very close to winning it. He has won the Pulitzer, Emmy, Grammy, and Tony award. He only needs to win an Oscar to get a PEGOT.
When did Lin-Manuel Miranda write his first-ever musical?
He wrote his first every musical when he was at Wesleyan University, a sophomore in 1999. In the Heights was the name of the musical.